Аннета Эссекс » 18 Jan 2018, 23:54
Keymaster

5 warnings for a beginner runner

Running is the most popular form of physical activity designed to improve fragile health. Many people run only to a bus or electric train that has just left, after which they feel short of breath, and they are visited by a completely reasonable thought: “Should I start running?”. Of course, you need to start running. But jogging without special sports knowledge can do harm rather than add health. This article brings together five important warnings for the inexperienced runner who has either already spent some time running or is just thinking about doing this type of physical activity.

1. Don’t start running if inactivity fills your life.
Take time for long walks first. Subsequently, you can begin to make running sessions, gradually increasing their duration. You can start with five minutes, and increase up to an hour, or even more. The main thing is not to miss the moment when running from a beneficial activity turns into an exhausting walk.

2. If you are a beginner runner, you should start with a very slow run.
As soon as you feel an increased need for breaths, go to the step. Often this warning is ignored, because during a slow run a person is afraid of the negative views of others, and may think that people will consider such a person to run incorrectly or strangely. If you are one of these people, then it will certainly be easier for you to run in a fitness center on a treadmill. Keep this in mind.

3. Do not run during high temperatures
After all, blood circulation during the heat is arranged in such a way as to increase the volume of blood flowing to the skin in order to improve perspiration and cool the body through evaporating sweat. And while running, the blood needed to improve sweating is spent on working muscles, so overheating when jogging in the heat is guaranteed. And not just overheating, but severe overheating, since running itself increases body temperature due to increased heat production.

4. It’s Best to Run in Cool Weather
Ideal for jogging will be autumn-winter-spring time. After all, then you can wear protective from the wind, but at the same time light clothing. It will be cold to walk in such clothes, but running is just the way. It is worth considering that, again, this advice may seem difficult to some. A person might think: “Everyone goes to warm jackets, and I am dressed lightly. I stand out and I don’t like it.” So consider that too.

5. Don’t run when you don’t feel like it.
This word of caution applies to morning runners who think that running in the morning is something respected. Still, you have to get up early, and it’s hard. Therefore, if I was able to get up and then go for a run, then I am strong. This way of recognizing a certain “power” will quickly deplete the psyche. By the way, most often running is mentioned with the prefix “in the morning”, which also leaves an imprint on the worldview of many people. So, why shouldn’t you run in the morning? Because many people find it difficult to get up in the morning. It turns out that starting a morning run, you will be forced to pay with lack of sleep. Sleep deprivation is the shortest path to depression.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.