06.08.2022
KSI vs Alex Wassabi could be OFF as YouTube star ‘suffers injury’ weeks before fight

KSI is set to face fellow YouTuber Alex Wassabi in a boxing match on August 27, but the bout is reportedly in doubt after Wassabi suffered an injury.

KSI has not fought since beating Logan Paul by split decision in their rematch in November 2019. Wassabi, meanwhile, beat KSI’s younger brother Deji in March this year.

However, Wassabi has reportedly picked up an injury and may be forced to pull out of the bout. Fellow YouTuber Keemstar, who hosts internet news show Drama Alert said: “Ladies and gentleman, this is breaking news. Wassabi is injured.

“Now I’ve heard two different injuries, I’ve heard concussions, I’ve heard a broken hand. It’s coming from a source from close to Wassabi’s camp.

“I have another source close to Wassabi’s camp. This is what is happening right now. I have double checked, I have crossed my t’s, dotted my i’s on this.

“Wassabi is injured. And there is a fear right now that he won’t be fighting KSI on August 27.”

However, he added that if Wassabi does pull out of the fight, a replacement has been lined up to face KSI instead. He continued: “Will the event be cancelled? No.

“I can tell you for a fact the event will not be cancelled, though, because I talked to Misfits Boxing (organisers of the event) months ago, and they’ve always said if someone pulls out of the fight they will be replaced.

“So I don’t think August 27 has any chance of ever being cancelled. But there is a chance we won’t see Alex Wassabi.”

Shortly before Keemstar broke the news, KSI tweeted “Life is so funny sometimes”, followed by a string of laughing emojis.

Fellow YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul, who recently cancelled a fight with Hasim Rahman Jr, tweeted “HAHAHHAHAHAHA KARMAS A B****” shortly after.

Добавить комментарий

Match of the Day host Gary Lineker was last night…
0
Sacked Titans coach Garth Brennan says he struggled with private…
0
Seven-time MLB All-Star Alfonso Soriano took to Instagram Saturday night…
0
14.08.2022
GB News: EU to use Sturgeon’s IndyRef2 plot to make relations ‘more difficult’ with UK
Michelle Ballantyne went on GB News to discuss the issues she believes Scotland will face if the country becomes independent.…
0
14.08.2022
‘Not realistic’ Jacob Rees-Mogg swats away claims Boris Johnson is plotting return to No10
The Brexit Opportunities Minister, a key ally to the outgoing Prime Minister, claimed it was “not realistic” to think Mr…
0
  • 37 минут назад 14.08.2022Sport
    Match of the Day host Gary Lineker has been accused of mocking football fans

    Match of the Day host Gary Lineker was last night accused of mocking football fans angered by the BBC’s decision to ditch the Saturday night football results on Radio 5 Live.

    And as if to rub critics’ noses in the dirt, Match of the Day kicked off last night with last week’s Premier League results.

    A grinning Lineker smirked: ‘Just in case you couldn’t find the scores anywhere else last week.’

    One fan tweeted: ‘Not impressed with their snide p***-taking re results.’

    Another accused Lineker of ‘complete arrogance’.

    The BBC issued a response to fans calling for them to reinstate the classified football results on its flagship Sports Report radio programme last week.

    On Sunday night, Sportsmail revealed that the broadcaster had unceremoniously ditched the long-standing, Saturday 5pm British institution, loved by generations.

    Following backlash from company legends such as Des Lynam, John Motson, Mark Lawrenson and more, the BBC have released a statement to suggest ‘there are good reasons for the change’.

    The statement read: ‘We appreciate the strength of feeling towards the classified football results within Sports Report. It’s always difficult when a programme with a special history changes, but there are good reasons for the change.

    ‘With the addition of the 5.30pm live Premier League match to our coverage, Sports Report has been condensed into a shorter programme – cut from 1 hour to 25 minutes. The classifieds were taking around 5-7 minutes to read, which would have taken up around a third of the programme – constraining the range of sport we could cover.

    ‘We’d like to assure our listeners that results from across the football leagues will still be shared during the programme and through the afternoon.

    Results are also available in full on the BBC Sport website and during Final Score on BBC One. Having a live match at 5.30 is a great addition to the 5 Live schedule.’

    BBC insiders disclosed that there was no consultation with bemused staff, who have privately questioned the move.

    In a statement to this newspaper, the broadcaster claimed the decision was made because Sports Report had been condensed following the addition of the 5.30pm Premier League match.

    They added a comprehensive goal service was provided ‘on air, on the BBC Sport website and Final Score on BBC One’.

    Motson, 77, who spent 50 years with the BBC before retiring in 2018, responded: ‘I’m very disappointed. I’ve been a fan of Sports Report for 60 years and I will miss the classified results very deeply.’

    Lawrenson, 65, a former Match of the Day regular, added: ‘I worked for the BBC for 25 years and I love it. I also understand it, or at least I thought I did. Certain things should be sacrosanct and this is one of them.

    0
  • 37 минут назад 14.08.2022Sport
    Gold Coast Titans coach Garth Brennan admits NRL coaching takes its toll after Paul Green death

    Sacked Titans coach Garth Brennan says he struggled with private pain after his 2019 dumping – talking about the immense pressure as a club top dog following the tragic loss of ex-Cowboys coach Paul Green.

    The former NRL coach agreed to bare all after the devastating news of Green’s passing on Thursday morning.

    Brennan was appointed Gold Coast head coach at the back end of 2017, having spent time within the lower ranks at Penrith.

    The 50-year-old spend 40 games at the helm of the developing club, losing 28 of those clashes which forced his early exit.

    After his dismissal, Brennan says he went through a tough few months where he was ‘uncontactable’.

    ‘There were things said about me that hurt. It was f***ing hard. I shut down and closed things off,’ Brennan told the Daily Telegraph.

    ‘It’s tough … it takes it’s toll.

    ‘Greeny went through a lot of s**t when he lost the Cowboys and then the Maroons Origin job.

    Everyone has got an opinion but there’s a human element that we all have to think about.’

    The Newcastle-born coach, who just left the Knights Head of Pathways role, says his previous role in the New South Wales Police force helped him deal with the media post-sacking.

    Brennan escaped overseas with his wife to New Zealand to ignore rugby league for a while, as friends Gus Worland, Shane Flanagan and Ivan Cleary reached out in support.

    2022 has been full of coach drama, featuring a barrage of behind the scenes buildup at Belmore, Wests Tigers and the Warriors.

    Michael Maguire was the 40th coach to be sacked mid-season since the NRL’s 1998 inception – following the separation of Trent Barrett and Nathan Brown.

    Paul Green stepped down in 2020 as the Cowboys head having coached 167 games, after leading the club to four finals series in his six years at the club, which included their inaugural NRL premiership in 2015.

    Green was sacked from his one-year Maroons coaching gig in 2021, losing two of his three appearances.

    Brennan beat current Rabbitohs coach Jason Demetriou for the Titans role in 2018, while Michael Maguire and Laurie Daley were also in the hunt.

    For help in a crisis call 000. If you or anyone you know needs support, you can contact Lifeline 131 114, or Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636

    0
  • 37 минут назад 14.08.2022Sport
    Ex-MLB star Alfonso Soriano shares support for Fernando Tatis Jr. after 80-game PED suspension

    Seven-time MLB All-Star Alfonso Soriano took to Instagram Saturday night to share some words of support with suspended star Fernando Tatis Jr., who was punished on Friday for violating the league’s drug policy.

    Tatis Jr. tested positive for Clostebol, a banned performance-enhancing substance under MLB’s Joint Treatment and Prevention Program, and has been suspended for 80 games.

    But Soriano offered kind words to the 23-year-old as he prepares for a lengthy stretch on the sidelines.

    ‘God bless you and protect you always,’ Soriano said on his Instagram story, via translation.

    ‘I know it’s a very difficult time, but God is with you. I know you’re a good boy.’

    Tatis Jr., just 18 months into a 14-year, $330 million contract, was working his way back from a wrist injury and had yet to play this season.

    His suspension will carry into next year, and he likely won’t see the field until next May, as he’s set to miss 32 games next season as well per Bill Shaikin of the LA Times.

    In a statement, Tatis Jr. apologized and claimed he took the medication to treat ringworm, rather than to gain a competitive advantage.

    ‘I want to apologize to [Padres owner] Peter [Seidler], [general manager] AJ [Preller], the entire Padres organization, my teammates, Major League Baseball, and fans everywhere for my mistake. I have no excuse for my error, and I would never do anything to cheat or disrespect this game I love.’

    ‘It turns out that I inadvertently took a medication to treat ringworm that contained Clostebol,’ Tatis said. ‘I should have used the resources available to me in order to ensure that no banned substances were in what I took. I failed to do so.

    Soriano played mostly for the Yankees and Cubs throughout his 16-year career, and last appeared in an MLB game in 2014.

    0
  • 37 минут назад 14.08.2022Sport
    Fans slam the ‘shocking attitude’ of Kylian Mbappe who appears to stop running

    Fans are slamming Kylian Mbappe as he appeared to stop running during a Paris Saint-Germain’s counter attack in Saturday’s 5-2 win over Montpellier.

    The French giants have started the campaign brightly under new manager Christophe Galtier by winning both their opening two Ligue 1 matches and scoring an impressive 10 goals.

    Superstar Mbappe opened his account for the season in the second-half of their latest win, despite looking a frustrated figure for most of the match.

    The 23-year-old had a penalty saved with the scores level at 0-0 and just before half-time, it seemed as though Mbappe threw a strop when PSG had a glorious chance to go 3-0 ahead.

    Vitinha brought the ball out from the back and had the option of passing to Mbappe on the left or Lionel Messi on the right.

    PSG’s new midfield signing opted to go out wide to Messi, which saw French international Mbappe throw his hands up in the air and slow down.

    Achraf Hakimi ended up putting his shot wide, but there was clearly space for a winger to dart into on the opposite flank, where Mbappe could have found himself if he had kept running forward on the counter attack.

    Fans were furious with the attitude shown by the 2018 World Cup winner and took to social media to share their views.

    One fan said: ‘Did yall see that??? Counterattack. Vitinha gets Messi the ball. Mbappe stops running and walks to the left like he doesn’t want to be involved.

    A second posted: ‘Yep, his attitude sucks in this game. All that hype and pressure getting to him. People can’t handle pressure like @neymarjr.

    A third added: ‘Mbappe throws a strop, stops running and misses the chance of an easy tap in…….. great player, shocking attitude!!!

    Another tweeted: ’23 years old with this attitude. He’s never gonna make it to the top. If I was the manager I would have subbed him off immediately.’

    Other fans believe the youngster’s new mega-money deal has turned him into a monster and it is already showing.

    One simply posted: ‘PSG turned Mbappe to a monster… with that contract he got… i’m sure the new coach will be having a hard time now… man has been acting above everyone in the club! once you don’t pass to him he stops running! his feeling too important now.. Bad signs.’

    Neymar scored twice as Paris St Germain thumped Montpellier 5-2 in Ligue 1 at the Parc des Princes on Saturday.

    Kylian Mbappe and debutant Renato Sanches were also on target for PSG, who were set on their way following an own goal by Montpellier defender Falaye Sacko as the home side made it two wins from two at the start of their title defence.

    0
  • 1 час, 49 минут назад 14.08.2022Sport
    Chelsea team news: Expected XI vs Tottenham as Thomas Tuchel given Marc Cucurella dilemma

    Chelsea are set to welcome Tottenham to Stamford Bridge on Sunday (4.30pm) as Thomas Tuchel’s side go in search of another three points following their opening day Premier League victory over Everton last weekend. The Blues beat the Toffees 1-0 courtesy of a Jorginho penalty nine minutes into stoppage time at the end of the first half.

    Tuchel will have a dilemma on his hands for the visit of the Lilywhites as he decides whether to start Marc Cucurella. The Spaniard joined the Blues from Brighton ahead of their opening clash against Frank Lampard’s team but could only muster a place on the bench.

    The revigorated Tottenham side, meanwhile, will pose Chelsea a huge threat following their 4-1 thrashing of Southampton last time out. And Express Sport takes a look at the starting XI Tuchel could roll with.

    Edouard Mendy has been in fine form since moving to west London from Rennes two years ago and kept the 49th clean sheet of his Blues career last time out. The Senegal goalkeeper will line-up between the posts once again for this one as he looks to keep the likes of Harry Kane and Son Heung-min at bay.

    If Cucurella is handed his first start in Chelsea colours, he could come in for Cesar Azpilicueta and play on the left side of a back three. The Blues’ ageing defence rarely looked comfortable against the Toffees and could be exposed against better sides.

    Summer signing Kalidou Koulibaly made his Blues debut last time out and could prove to be a sagacious signing for his new employers if he can match the form he displayed at Napoli. The 31-year-old could play at the centre of defence against Spurs, with Thiago Silva to his right.

    Tuchel is well-known for giving his wing-backs the licence to roam forward and could once again ask Reece James to carve out opportunities for the team’s attackers down the right. Ben Chilwell won his side’s penalty against Everton and could keep his place on the left flank if Cucurella is given a more defensive role. N’Golo Kante, who struggled with injuries last season, will be confident of lining-up in the centre of the pitch, alongside Jorginho.

    Chelsea were far from convincing in front of goal last weekend as they failed to score from open play against their Merseyside hosts. But Tuchel could keep faith with the same front three that started that match. Summer signing Raheem Sterling will be expected to produce the goods throughout the campaign and could start in a central position for the visit of Antonio Conte’s men, while Mason Mount and Kai Havertz could provide the creativity either side of him.

    0
  • 1 час, 49 минут назад 14.08.2022Sport
    What Erik ten Hag has said about Hakim Ziyech as Man Utd boss eyes surprise Chelsea raid

    Erik ten Hag is spearheading a pursuit of wantaway Chelsea forward Hakim Ziyech this summer but has met resistance from Manchester United’s recruitment department. And it’s no surprise he’s keen to reunite with the Moroccan at Old Trafford based on his comments back in their Ajax days.

    Ten Hag has identified Ziyech as an alternative left-footed forward to Antony and wants to sign him as part of a summer in which he has had full control of transfer targets. However, United have reportedly overruled his desire on this occasion.

    The 29-year-old shone at Ajax under Ten Hag’s watch before joining Chelsea in a £33m deal in 2020. And before his departure, the now-United boss heaped praise on his ‘brilliance’ and pinpointed the trait that stands him apart from the rest.

    “He is a character, headstrong. But that also makes him brilliant,” Ten Hag told Ajax TV after Ziyech’s final training session with the club. “He sees things that others don’t see. Sometimes he is a trainer’s nightmare, but you have to give him space. If they start playing on their responsibility, you see the development. He took Ajax by the hand, and we were very successful together.”

    Ten Hag also admitted he has qualities it’s difficult to find in other players, interestingly name-dropping his priority target, Frenkie de Jong, as a similar scenario after his move to Barcelona in 2019.

    He explained: “Hakim has been very decisive, and he has such specific qualities that cannot simply be found in other players. It was the same for Frenkie de Jong last season. These are players who can make the difference in the offensive phase.”

    It’s no coincidence he’s looking to get the two back together at Old Trafford, especially amid his quest for more ‘character’ in the United dressing room.

    Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel has made it clear Ziyech is surplus to requirements with his summer transfer business. The Blues have signed Raheem Sterling in a £50m deal and have looked to recruit one more attacker before the September 1 deadline. They failed in a bid to sign Raphinha and are in talks over luring Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang back to the Premier League.

    But despite Ten Hag’s wish to link back up with Ziyech, M16 seems to be an unrealistic destination given the club’s stance. Perhaps the situation will change if the options to bolster their attacking ranks continue to fade in the final three weeks of the window.

    0
  • Загрузить еще
03.08.2022
The Fed’s global problem
The Federal Reserve’s efforts to fight inflation threaten to send the U.S. economy into a recession. They could also spark…
0
29.07.2022
Biden enters the Always Be Closing phase of his first term
Somehow, someway, Joe Biden is back in the game. After enduring a brutal year dominated by economic angst, legislative setbacks…
0

Sport KSI vs Alex Wassabi could be OFF as YouTube star 'suffers injury' weeks before fight